Friday, March 14, 2008

The first time it happened...

Me & bird photography is a funny story. I have several photographer friends who are big fans of bird photography. So for years I've outright refused to take a single picture of a bird. Until one afternoon.

I found myself at Kirstenbosch Gardens for an evening concert of Watershed (which where AMAZING!), and of course the camera went with. A friend of mine had his 300mm prime along & the two of us decided to go for a walk. I took my few flower/macro/insect/scenic pics & he looked out for birds.

Until we came round a bush. Right there, a sneeze away, was this bird sitting there. Years of fighting & kicking against something crumbled instantly.

So that afternoon, for the first time in my life, I tried my hand at bird photography. And I must admit, it was more fun than I had imagined.




No comments: