Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Ring Leader...

It isn't everyday that one gets to design a ring (from the humble sketches on a napkin), and then see it go all the way through to a finished product. Recently, I had the opportunity to do so.

Designed by myself, made by Wolf Bros (special thanks to them for putting up with my continual checking up on the progress). The photo below is a bit of experimentation as far as jewelry photography goes. Shot without a lightbox, but instead 1 softbox (positioned below the ring), and a series of reflective bouncers all around. I know it's not how you meant to shoot rings specifically, but as mentioned it was some experimentation & I think the final result wasn't bad at all!

Oh and, btw, I am now engaged to my beautiful fiance... :)

5 comments:

Pseudonaja said...

It looks awesome, but the usual "click to enlarge" thing isn't working so I can't take a closer look...

Seagram Pearce Photography said...

Fixed...

Pseudonaja said...

Ah now I see.

The difference must be really subtle because that looks as good as, if not better than, most jewellery shots I've seen...

Taylor MD said...

What type of stone is that? It's gorgeous.

Seagram Pearce Photography said...

Taylor, it's a Tanzanite. You get varying degrees of colour intensity (which also affects price). Its a great looking stone... much better than a cliche diamond! :)